Fixed: Xiaomi Mi 4i Speaker Problem

Today i got weird problem with Xiaomi Mi 4i speaker/loudspeaker sound. It seems got a ย lot of noise and the sound doesn’t feel right. But if i set to lower volume, the sound get better but still i could notice that something wrong with this.

Going around android and xiaomi sites and forums almost half-day, mostly people said that is the hardware problem and need to go for service center which i know i need to spend some money on it until i found the post from a really good guy who save my day Charan_with_mi which his post at MIUI Forum suggest to do hardware/speaker calibration and magically it solve my problem. Thanks man!

Here is the steps for you:

1. Go to Settings apps from your Xiaomi Mi 4i device.
  2. Select About phone menu.
  3. Quick multi taps on Kernel version menu, you will open Hardware tests page.
  4. Select Speaker PA Calibration Test.
  5. Tap Calibrate button and done.

If this steps doesn’t fix the problem then you may really need to go to service center. Good luck!

60 Thoughts on “Fixed: Xiaomi Mi 4i Speaker Problem

1. Hey there, today i m getting this problem n i got your feature but i have no pa collaboration test in my xiaomi mi4 so what can i do? Plz plz help…?

2. Sorry… its should be calibration test.

3. Thanks man. the speaker problem on my Mi4i just show out yesterday. last night i start to look for a new phone already. that’s really help. !!!

4. Ramesh Susarla on December 22, 2015 at 5:54 pm said:

Thank you for information man, I was about to go to a service for the same complaint and I could calibrate it using the tips from your post… All the best

5. Just finished video call with my mum (On loudspeaker) and out of nowhere this problem came up. But your solution worked magic. Terima kasih ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Luccia on January 11, 2016 at 7:59 am said:

Thanks a lot, it helps my mi4i problem.
    So far I have satisfied with this phone, best value.

7. Calibration failed!!!! Wat to do next.. Pls help.. ๐Ÿ™

8. Thanks. It works.

9. Thanks a bunch bro!!!

10. Mi4i user on February 25, 2016 at 9:26 pm said:

My xiaomi mi4i speaker calibration test failed! But sometimes my phone loud speaker work normally and sometimes it muted. I tried calibration test just as you mentioned but it won’t work anymore, it keeps failing until now. I tried reboot, reinstall os and fastboot. Help me solve this problem and why this happening?

11. Thanks a lot !!! I got so worried when all that noise started coming!!

12. mk prabhu on March 9, 2016 at 11:58 am said:

Wow its Really amazing…
    I got worried about my phone and i thought to give service but i m so hpy aftr ths test its working fine

Thanks a alot …

13. Thanks imkrisna . I was facing some sound issues with my MI4I. I ran ‘Speaker PA Calibration Test’ and it worked for me. Issue is resolved.

14. ronin on March 26, 2016 at 6:26 pm said:

thnx buddy it really works

15. Vijay on April 1, 2016 at 1:23 pm said:

Thanks Man.. Very useful information. Worked for me. Issue resolved. God bless you. ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Guest on April 4, 2016 at 9:50 am said:

Thanks man this really helped ๐Ÿ™‚

17. Shiva on April 14, 2016 at 6:19 am said:

Superr buddy.. It worked ! I was irritated to the core before this

18. Suet Yee on April 22, 2016 at 4:14 pm said:

Really glad to come across this. You deserve a credit. Thank you so much!

19. malk on May 6, 2016 at 10:13 am said:

it really worked . thanks

20. Raj on May 6, 2016 at 5:38 pm said:

it worked like Magic…Good Job and Thank You.

21. Janek on May 9, 2016 at 2:23 pm said:

Thank you very much for your help. Problem was solved in less then 1min ๐Ÿ™‚

Greetings from GER

22. Stalin Gino on May 15, 2016 at 6:56 pm said:

While listening to radio today, sound suddenly stopped. No sound, no ringtone, nothing. I thought the speaker got broken. Your article really helped getting the sound back. Thank you so much.

23. Rajeev Ranjan Roy on May 16, 2016 at 11:28 am said:

it worked .. thanks .. ๐Ÿ™‚

24. Nambi on May 17, 2016 at 2:40 am said:

Super it worked for me… thanks

25. Thanks Bro.. It really works. Yesterday I got same problem and worried to send back to CC as I purchased online. Your tips helped and problem rectified.

26. Jimmy on July 17, 2016 at 11:40 pm said:

I had this problem of sudden increase in noise and bad sound quality, I solved this problem by power off the phone using the side button. after the reboot, it is back to normal.

27. SUBIN JOHN CHACKO on July 30, 2016 at 6:33 am said:

Thanks a lot !! Was facing a problem with headphone detection .This really helped

28. U guys are awesome. Had the same problem – now fixed. Thanks so much

29. Thanks a lot….. I jst want to add something after that calibrate done don’t press pass direct go on home button nd then close that settings app then you got your problem solved

30. Abhinav Bansal on September 10, 2016 at 12:12 am said:

Thankyou so much!!

31. glen tenorio on September 11, 2016 at 8:34 am said:

thanks, hihi

32. Manraj kam on September 18, 2016 at 12:28 am said:

Gud 1 bro….thnks

33. Prabhanjan on October 12, 2016 at 10:22 pm said:

Thank you very much. My Mi4i speaker was dead, this completely solved the problem.

34. kikiroi on October 12, 2016 at 11:51 pm said:

It works! Thanks

35. Rachana on October 20, 2016 at 2:33 pm said:

Thanks for the info. It really worked. In my mi4i speaker and loudspeaker was not working. Then i followed the steps mentioned above and it started working.

36. Shikhar Rastogi on October 21, 2016 at 12:51 pm said:

This really helped me.. My speaker was making loud buzzing sound along with any sound. This process solved my issue. Thanks a lot.

37. franco on October 21, 2016 at 7:21 pm said:

38. Thanks a lot.. its worked for me… ur information saved me ……

39. Thank you mate. Good post. It resolved my same issue. It appears they have intentionally kept this thing.

40. Thank you so much! your tutorial really helped me, May Allah bless you for sharing.. ๐Ÿ™‚

41. Preshant Sekar on November 30, 2016 at 10:26 am said:

Thanks a ton mate. Worked out.

42. Sherinmille on December 1, 2016 at 6:53 am said:

It works! Thank you:)

43. Sreekanth on December 11, 2016 at 10:46 am said:

Hi,

I did the step which you mentioned. I passed the test but the issue still persists.
    Anyone can help me to fix this issue.

Please not : issue started after upgrade

44. All of sudden, voice for the outgoing calls is stopped and it’ working fine with earphones and loud speakers..
    Appreciate ur help…

45. I am having MI4I. When I connect the phone to head phone or the audio speaker the the sound cracks and the sound is not at all clear in headhone as well as speaker. What should I do?
    My email id is vijayssingh17@gmail.com
    Kindly comment on this page or on my email id.
    Thank you.

• Ravi on June 2, 2017 at 11:56 am said:

As mentioned by Krishna
      Please go to the kernel version..there you find an option like “headset”..click on that..verify the sound…it will be auto resolved based on pass or fail test

46. wow! thanks a ton.

47. thank you so much Man.

48. Thanks bro, i thought my phone was broken.. so i check on the internet and found this article.. really help me to fix the problem.
    Matur suksma…

49. Indeed a helpful blog.. Many thanks krisna… You saved my day

50. Nazeeruddin on March 19, 2017 at 3:06 pm said:

Many Thanks its really helpful for me…

51. SIRISH SURISETTY on April 2, 2017 at 6:58 pm said:

Thanks buddy for the info about calibration test. It solved my issue.

52. Ramya on April 4, 2017 at 4:03 am said:

Worked !!! Thanks

53. Thank you. I done this Now my phone problem solved

54. sathees on April 25, 2017 at 5:05 pm said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I could resolve the problem with this useful info.

55. Kumar Devanshu on April 27, 2017 at 11:13 am said:

Thank you dear.

56. Mani on May 29, 2017 at 9:56 pm said:

I got the same issue and calibration fixed the same. Thanks for solution.