How To: Import Running Activity from Nike+ to Strava

Yeah… I got a new hobby: Running and our community getting bigger and bigger. At first i just using Nike+ Running and it’s a good application to keep you running as a beginner runner. Nike+ keep showing your friends running miles/kilometers so you will be motivated to pass them, and the feature which i love the most is the color code for your accumulated distances and yeah i still at orange level (>50km).

Okay then why the title is likely about moving from Nike+ to Strava? Strava is another choices when you talk about run tracking, then why? The main reason is the leaderboard feature and creating my own segment for that.

Let’s get to the how to import running activity from Nike+ Running application to Strava. First, i must thank to Matt Stuehler, this is the guy whom website will play the biggest part here.

1. Open Matt’s Site at https://mattstuehler.com/lab/NikePlus/
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a login form for Nike+, if you’re not completely feel secure about this you always can change your password before or after give it to the site.
  3. Enter your account login information and get the Nike+ activity data
  4. You will get zipped package containing .gpx files of your Nike+
  5. Open strava site at http://www.strava.com/upload/select?utm_source=upload-nav
  6. Upload the .gpx files there and boom! finished

15 Thoughts on “How To: Import Running Activity from Nike+ to Strava

1. Inge Priangga Abadi on November 21, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Thanks for your post. I’m using Nike + and I’ve just begun to run about couple weeks ago. As you said, it’s really helpful because I can track the kilometers and compare it with other friends. But, can you tell me, what will be the benefit if I’m moved to Strava? Since I’m just a beginner.

Thanks

2. Antonio Ramos on December 5, 2015 at 5:02 am said:

Hi,

I tried the link https://mattstuehler.com/lab/NikePlus/ and I didn´t work. I used https://nikeplusexporter.rhysmccaig.com/ with the TCX type file and it did work superbly.

Now I have all my nike+ data base in strava.

Hope it works for you as well guys.

3. Hey,

I had the same problem as you guys, so I decided to come up with my own tool, strictly for exporting from Nike+ directly to Strava: http://nike.vinz.xyz

Happy running! Feedback more than welcome (my email address is in the info box at the bottom right)

• imkrisna on June 5, 2016 at 11:46 am said:

Hi Vincent, great works. It seems the link from matt’s in this post is already outdated. is that okay for you if i review your tools and put in this post?

• Sure thing, with pleasure!
        Hit me up if you have any questions 🙂

• Chris on June 30, 2016 at 11:35 pm said:

Hi Vincent,

this worked amazingly to get to strava. Then I wanted to go from strava to runtastic but it only took my gps runs. do you know of a way to do non-gps runs?

• Hey Chris,

Unfortunately, at this point, everything beyond getting the data from Nike+ to Strava is not in my hands. I’m thinking of supporting additional platforms to have the same process from Nike+ to Runtastic for instance, but have not found the time to look at it closely so far.

• Sherif on July 6, 2016 at 6:13 am said:

Hii Vincent, I am already upload my 20 activity but why it can not showing in my strava dashboard ?

Regards

Sherif

• Hi Sherif,

Did they finally came up in Strava? Sometimes it can up to 15 minutes for them to show up, as Strava has to process these. Let me know!

Vincent

Good job

• Thanks Vince, that was a clear and nice way to transfer the data across. The only downside is that the runs are now showing as 3km – 4.9km instead of 5km as they are on Nike Plus. Therefore there are no new running records to add to Strava and my only run on Strava is still the best lol. Glad to have all my miles clocked on there though.

• Vincent Ghyssens on January 25, 2017 at 10:22 pm said:

Hey, sorry about that. I can’t really do much more as the data I get from Nike is already quite crappy. Hopefully, now with Strava you’ll have accurate runs :/

4. vikram on August 9, 2016 at 4:20 pm said:

Hey Vincent it is not working for me..!
    Keep saying oopsie daisy some error while trying to log into Nike+ from your link

5. Marcia on January 24, 2017 at 5:49 pm said:

Good Day.
    I would like to transfer my nike+ data to strava and i am not winning. I have tried most of websites mentioned above and they hav ebeen decommisisioned.

Your prompt resposne will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Marcia Magano

6. You guys can use syncmytracks on playstore… it works, Im just having a little trouble with the older data (5 years back and more).